Readdle, a developer of applications for iPod, iPhone and iPad, has announced that PDF Expert 2 for iPhone is now available from the App Store. PDF Expert is a PDF viewer that allows users to annotate, add highlights to, search and fill PDF forms. The iPhone edition of PDF Expert is priced at USD 9.99.
The new PDF Expert 2 for iPhone features PDF annotation capabilities for fast and convenient review of documents. The tool allows users to save colored highlights, notes and text while fully compliant with PDF specifications. This makes it convenient to continue working on a PDF document when transferred between a desktop and an iPhone. The new tool also supports the flattening of annotations and other filled-form data into the PDF document as non-editable page content.
The key features of PDF Expert 2 include:
- Handles large PDF documents efficiently
- Supports annotation of PDF documents. Users can highlight text, add notes, underline and strike-through
- Search for a keyword, a phrase or navigate to a specific page
- Fill out PDF forms with editable fields (e.g. orders, tax or insurance forms)
- Save bookmarks to create table of contents or navigate through the document using embedded outlines
- Gets the document from email attachments and desktop
- Supports synchronisation between iPhone and online services such as Dropbox, iDisk, Readdle Storage or WebDAV storage
PDF Expert 2 is supported on iPhone OS 3.0 or later and requires at least 15.5 MB. Read more on this tool at PDF Expert 2 for iPhone