The Printing Industries of America (PIA) and Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (GATF) will offer a three-day, hands-on ‘Advanced PDF for Print Production and Beyond‘ workshop in mid-March. The Pittsburgh, PA-area event will be led by Julie Shaffer, director of PIA/GATF’s prepress department, who will teach attendees how to use PDF files in every aspect of print production including proper creation, preflighting, editing, and repair. Shaffer is known nationwide for her prepress expertise and is often called on to conduct seminars at industry events. She is also the co-authors of a widely popular and informative prepress publication, ‘The PDF Print Production Guide (Second Edition).’
Who Should Attend:
- Prepress production operators
- Prepress managers
- Production managers
- Plant managers
Attendees will learn:
- How to create the ‘perfect’ PDF file
- Which plug-ins can be used to build a manual PDF workflow
- Preflighting, editing, trapping, and imposing PDF files using Acrobat tools and third-party applications
- How to manage color and graphics in a PDF workflow
- How to build dynamic PDF files with indexes, links, and rollovers
- Dozens of Adobe Acrobat tips and tricks!
Registration is now open. Registration fees are $895 for PIA/GATF members and $1,095 for non-members.