Markzware has announced the immediate availability of FlightCheck Professional and FlightCheck Designer version 5.52. This update is compatible with both Macintosh OS X, and Windows 98 and newer.
FlightCheck Professional, a prepress application for print shops and publishers that sets the standard for digital file quality control (preflighting), supports a wide variety of native application files from popular authoring software vendors like Adobe, Microsoft and Quark. As well, accredited standard preflighting specifications such as PDF/X1, PDF/X1a and PDF/X3 are ‘built-in’ to the application.
‘We have had a tremendous response to the 5.5 versions of FlightCheck and now this free update adds even more capabilities,’ says Patrick Marchese, President/CEO of Markzware. ‘These new features will help all our FlightCheck customers streamline their workflows. It is faster on both the Macintosh and Windows platforms and now includes a command-line interface for Windows users.’
The new features and functionality in FlightCheck Professional and Designer are:
- Full preflight support for PDF version 1.5
- Optimized performance and faster processing.
- More robust OPI support, including Unix file paths
- User-definable recursive and absolute path searching
- Command-line interface for Windows version.
- ‘Fill of None’ rule has been implemented
- Support for 16-bit TIFF images (Ground Control added)
- Complete detection of application-generated clipping paths
- Automatic FlightPlan and Ground Control switching
Both FlightCheck Professional and Designer v5.52 are available free of charge to registered users of FlightCheck v5.5.