Global Graphics Software, a developer of software for printing and electronic document applications, has released a major update to Harlequin Server RIP, its flagship software for handling print jobs across a wide range of devices and workflows. Version 9.0 provides faster performance than its predecessors and includes a new range of productivity features for print shops.
Harlequin Server RIP 9.0 introduces FOGRA certification (FograCert Contract Proofing System), features full-support for the new PANTONE Plus library, provides accelerated live transparency processing and is PDF/VT compliant. The new version is also compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2.
The key features of Harlequin Server RIP Version 9.0 include:
- Processes PDF, PostScript and XPS natively in one RIP engine (including TIFF and JPEG)
- One RIP for proofing, CTP, digital print and wide format
- FOGRA certified using the new plugin for Epson Pro 7890 proofer
- Supported on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Increased optimization for PDF files with live transparency
- Roaming negative pages for faster and easier inspection by allowing the operator to view pages in positive mode
- Cross-modulated screening with added option for HXM for use on lower resolution devices between 900 and 1500 dpi
- Closed-loop calibration with new API to install and manage calibration curves in the RIP automatically
- Variable data print with a new external mode for PDF retained Raster that accelerates VDP jobs for digital production presses
- Supports PDF standards including support for Extended PDF/X, PDF update after ISO 32000-1, Japan 1-6 character collection
- Ideal for hybrid workflows. For example, it is ideal for running a short-run digital press alongside the analogue and CtP device for on-demand printing such as one-page leaflets, small booklets and business cards
- Variable data in PDF files
Harlequin Server RIP Version 9.0 is available from Global Graphics’ network of OEMs. Read more or get a free trial version of Harlequin Server RIP Version 9.0 at Harlequin website.