Perhaps the best things about PDF is its portability. This portability makes it an ideal document interchange format, and allows users to establish streamlined, intuitive review processes. With Acrobat 7 Professional, it’s even possible to bring users of the free Adobe Reader into the loop to make comments or corrections directly to the PDF file.
In Acrobat Professional:
- Select File > Send for Review > Send By Email for Review (Alt + F, V, V).
- Click the Browse button to navigate to the desired file.
- Once the file has been set, click Next.
- Select Customize Review Options.
- Check the box next to ‘Also allow users of Free Adobe Reader 7.0 to participate in this review.’
- Click OK.
- Enter recipient email address(es).
- Click Next.
- Enter an appropriate email subject and body text.
- Click Send Invitation.
Recipients of the PDF document can then use any of Acrobat’s commenting tools (Alt + T, C) before sending the PDF back via email. You will then be able to view all submitted comments and can begin the process again for subsequent drafts.
src=’http://www.planetpdf.com/images/1-DS-Tip_SVE.gif’ width=’450′ height=’361′
alt=’Customize Review options and choose email recipients.’>