With its introduction of the Jaws PDF Creator(R) software development kit (SDK), Global Graphics Software is offering software developers and system integrators a new tool to incorporate PDF-creation capability into their own or their customers’ applications.
Jaws PDF Creator SDK opens up Global Graphics’ PDF-creation technology to developers looking to add simple, but powerful customized-PDF creation to applications and workflows, as well as to large organizations that want to deploy it across their business processes. The introduction expands the company’s suite of PDF-developer solutions including Jaws PDF Editor(TM) SDK, Global Graphics’ technology for PDF file rendering, interaction, mark up and manipulation.
Jaws PDF Creator SDK supports programmatic selection of PDF configuration and silent PDF generation from any application. ‘Our strategy is to make the functionality of our core PDF technologies readily accessible to developers,’ says Ralph Lloyd, Global Graphics’ VP of Product Marketing. ‘This toolkit requires little development overhead resulting in rapid implementation. PDF-creation capability can be customized into any application and incorporated into any workflow.’
Key features include:
- The ability to add a ‘one-click’ PDF-creation button to any application
- Programmatic control of PDF configuration so that files are automatically optimised for high-resolution printing, printing to desktop printers, web publishing, archiving etc.
- PostScript-to-PDF conversion providing high-quality rendering; robust font support; and, support for PDFmarks resulting in intelligent PDF files containing document structure features, such as bookmarks and hyperlinks
- Silent installation routine so that it is easy to roll out across a network
- Flexible workflow trigger options allow PDF creation to be added seamlessly anywhere in a workflow application
- Flexible end-user interaction options allow the software developer or system integrator to determine the level of user interaction
Compatibility and Availability
The Jaws PDF Creator SDK is provided as a single DLL and can be used in most software application development environments, and can be obtained from software application developers, system integrators, and directly from Global Graphics.