The upcoming ‘Engineering Valley Tour — Building with PDF‘ is a free, four-hour seminar designed to show how PDF can save time and money on Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) project management. Experts from Adobe, New Economy Institute, Layton Graphics and Bentley will be teaching how to utilize PDF to revolutionize project management. A new ISO standard — PDF-E (Engineering) — is being developed and will be discussed.
The seminar is aimed at:
- Engineering Associates
- Project Managers
- College Faculty
- College Students
This seminar is board-certified for three professional development hours for engineers, architects, land surveyors, landscape architects and registered interior designers.
The agenda includes how to:
- Compile all documents, no matter the format, into one, easy to navigate, searchable format anyone with a free Adobe Reader will be able to access
- Send out documents for review and approval and have the software keep track of who has replied and what their comments are; Commenting now works with free Adobe Reader 7
- Update and change materials/plans instantly with comments
- Control document access and security
- Create 3-D files which can be manipulated
- Share complex geospatial data
- Search through thousands of pages of drawings and manuals in seconds
Interested participants may register online or call 1-866-221-5872. Pre-register to be eligible for door prizes. As seating is limited, pre-registered participants will be given preference over walk-ins.
Seminar sites include:
- Oak Ridge, TN [PDF: 368kb] — February 22, 8 am – 12 pm and 1 – 5 pm
Pollard Technology Conference Center
- Chattanooga, TN [PDF: 344kb] — February 23, 8 am – 12 pm and 1:30 – 5:30 pm
Chattanooga State Technical Community College
- Tullahoma, TN [pdf: 344kb] — February 24, 10 am – 2:30 pm (box lunch provided)
University of Tennessee Space Institute
- Huntsville, AL [PDF: 347kb] — February 25, 8 am – 12 pm and 1:30 – 5:30 pm