Foxit Corporation, a leading developer of PDF solutions, has announced a major release of Foxit Reader, its flagship PDF reader. Foxit Reader is used by more than 100 million users for opening, viewing and printing PDF documents. Foxit Reader 5.0 offers a new set of integrations with Microsoft Office, capability to fill XFA forms, enhanced productivity features and additional security features.
Below is a list of new features and key enhancements included in Foxit Reader 5.0:
- Enhanced integration with Microsoft Office — Foxit Reader 5.0 allows the users to preview PDF attachments in Microsoft Outlook and view thumbnails of PDF files in Internet Explorer
- Enhanced productivity — The new software features ‘Fit Visible’ capability which allows the users to fit PDF contents to the width of their screen display. The ‘Split View’ capability allows to divide the document pane into two or four panes to make content more accessible
- XFA Forms — The new software allows users to fill XFA forms (XML Forms Architecture)
- Additional security capabilities — Foxit Reader 5.0 is compatible with PDF documents created in Foxit’s PhantomPDF and protected by Microsoft’s Active Directory Rights Management Service (AD RMS)
- Enhanced user interface — Foxit Reader 5.0 features ribbon user interface technology which makes it convenient to find menu items. However, the software allows users to choose between the newer ribbon mode or the traditional pull-down menus. The software also features a new advanced search tool to locate bookmarks and comments
- New customization features — Foxit Reader 5.0 allows users to customize their software installation by creating their own shortcut keys and using skins
Read more about this new PDF reader at Foxit Reader.