First, we’ll go back to basics: selecting text in PDF documents. Why would you want to do this? Well, there are numerous reasons. For instance, you might want to quote the textual content of a document, or you might want to quickly make a document bookmark. Let me explain. Selected text can be used to both anchor (set the destination) and name a bookmark. Pretty cool, huh?
- Open the document to be bookmarked in Acrobat 7.
- Navigate to the text you would like to use as the bookmark name.
- Choose the Select tool.
- Click and drag to highlight the text.
- Set the desired zoom level for the bookmark from the View menu.
- Create the bookmark by holding Ctrl + B.
And you’re done! Anyone subsequently viewing your PDF documents will now be able to navigate them quickly and easily.
src=’http://www.planetpdf.com/images/1-DS-Tip_CBA.gif’ width=’450′ height=’323′