Founder and host Carl Young opens the ninth PDF Conference — running today and tomorrow in downtown Baltimore, MD — with a general session titled ‘Building Better PDFs,’ describing the most common PDF authoring faults and how to prevent or fix them.
Michael Ouslander and Lori DeFurio of Adobe Systems follow with an update on the state of what the company’s ‘Acrobat and the Intelligent Document Platform‘ products and solutions mean to the PDF community.
Thereafter conference attendees can choose from among a range of breakout sessions in several themed categories:
- Acrobat User
- PDF in Business and Government
- PDF in Printing and Creative Arts
- PDF Special Interest
Additional expert speakers scheduled to share insights and experiences include:
- Janet Frick, Training Resources
- Sean Hiss, Enfocus Software
- Olaf Druemmer, callas software
- Derek DeMarco, North Valley Graphics
- Claudia McCue, Practicalia
- Mark Gavin, Appligent
- Darin Kotalik, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Leonard Rosenthol, PDF Sages
- Julie Shaffer, PIA/GATF
- Noah Katz, Aspen Systems
- Scott Mackey, AdLib eDocument Solutions
- Karl De Abrew, Planet PDF
- Tim Sullivan, activePDF
- Dov Isaacs, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Bob Connolly, BCPictures.com
- Douglas Hanna, Hewitt Associates
- Robert Weideman, ScanSoft
- Randy Popson, FormSoft
- Franklin Garner, Amgraf
- Greg Pisocky, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Paul Showalter, IRS
Planet PDF’s Karl De Abrew will moderate two of the conference’s traditionally most popular sessions — Monday’s ‘Warp Speed Product Overviews’ and Tuesday’s closing ‘PDF Power Panel’ in which conference attendees have the opportunity to ask questions of a select panel of the assembled experts. Most of the questions will subsequently be posted to the Planet PDF Forum for further discussion.
The PDF Conference Exposition will showcase Acrobat/PDF-oriented products from companies including:
- AdLib eDocument Solutions
- Adobe Systems, Inc.
- ARTS PDF
- callas software
Once again, Planet PDF — a founding co-sponsor of and active participant in the DigiPub Solutions’ event — will be the official source for downloading speaker presentations (as made available) from the PDF Conference.
Presentations from last year’s conference remain available.