When you need to produce documents on company letterhead but don’t want to save on the expense and hassle of pre-printed paper, you might want to apply PDF watermarks and either send the document via email or print the document contents and letterhead at once. A watermark allows you to insert text and graphics across one or more pages in a document and place them in front of or behind page content.
Here’s how to add a watermark in Acrobat:
- Select Document > Add Watermark and Background.
- In the dialog that appears, select ‘Add a Watermark’.
- Specify if you want the watermark to be displayed on screen or when printed.
- Click ‘Choose’ to browse for the PDF source file that contains the watermark.
- Specify the pages you wish the watermark to appear on.
- Specify the fit, rotation and opacity of the watermark if you so wish and click OK.