The following is excerpted, published with the expressed permission of the author and publisher, from an introductory chapter of ‘Adobe Acrobat 6: Complete Course‘ book.
The annual report is intended to be circulated among selected coworkers for adding comments and finalizing the document meeting approval. To add a message asking reviewers to keep the document confidential, you can add a stamp comment. In this segment you learn how to add stamps with the Stamp tool.
- Download cb_annualReport_watermarked.pdf [PDF: 0.8 MB]
- Open cb_annualReport_watermarked.pdf in Acrobat.
- Click the Review & Comment task button.
Clicking the task button opens the Commenting toolbar.
src=’http://www.planetpdf.com/planetpdf/images/acr6_comcourse_12a.jpg’ width=’406′ height=’306′
- Open a context menu on the Toolbar Well (by right- or Control- clicking) and choose Dock All Toolbars.
- Click the down-pointing arrow adjacent to the Stamp tool to open a pull-down menu.
src=’http://www.planetpdf.com/planetpdf/images/acr6_comcourse_p12b.jpg’ width=’516′ height=’326′
- Choose Standard Business > Confidential > Confidential.
The Stamp tool is loaded with the selected stamp. Notice that the submenu shows a thumbnail view of a stamp.
- Click the Stamp tool in the document on the top-left side of the page.
You can click to drop the stamp on the page or click and drag a marquee to define the size. When the stamp is placed on the page, a comment note pop-up window opens. Depending on any defaults you have for comment pop-up notes, the note color might be a color different than the note used in this example.
src=’http://www.planetpdf.com/planetpdf/images/acr6_comcourse_p13a.jpg’ width=’406′ height=’306′
- Open a context menu by right-clicking (or Control-clicking) the note pop-up window title bar.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
The Stamp Properties dialog box opens. In this dialog box, you assign note properties for appearance settings, set the author and subject information, and examine the review history for comments shared in reviews. If you haven’t changed defaults, the author’s name is derived from your computer logon name. You can edit the author’s name in the Stamp Properties dialog box to change the name to the text you add in the General Properties.
src=’http://www.planetpdf.com/planetpdf/images/acr6_comcourse_p13b.jpg’ width=’398′ height=’308′
- Click the General tab.
- Edit the Author field by typing your name.
- Click the Close button.
- Click the cursor in the note pop-up window and type a message.
In this example I typed Please keep this document confidential until we finalize it.
src=’http://www.planetpdf.com/planetpdf/images/acr6_comcourse_p13c.jpg’ width=’241′ height=’161′
- Click the Save tool to update your edits.