ABBYY USA today announced the availability of ABBYY PDF Transformer(TM), a comprehensive solution for converting PDF files into editable file formats.
ABBYY PDF Transformer applies the company’s award-winning OCR and document analysis technologies with Adobe(R) PDF Library technology to processes any type of PDF file, regardless of origin, including PDFs developed from input devices such as multifunction peripherals, digital copiers and scanners, or those produced from applications like Microsoft Word and Excel.
PDF Transformer also converts to more file formats than any other PDF conversion utility with output to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, HTML, and ASCII text. With each PDF conversion, the resulting file accurately retains the layout and formatting of the original PDF.
PDF Transformer is geared to any home or business user in need of unlocking and repurposing information from PDF files. PDF Transformer allows users to transform their contracts, brochures, archived documents or any other document from PDF into popular Microsoft Office applications while retaining all layout and formatting. With the proliferation of PDFs, PDF Transformer helps users increase their productivity while eliminating the need for re-typing.
‘PDF usage has increased significantly in the workplace over the last few years,’ said Susan Moyse, analyst for InfoTrends Research Group. ‘In our most recent scanner research, we’ve found that nearly 70 percent of users are using their scanners for scan-to-PDF purposes and creating a large amount of scanned PDFs. We can see the potential for the need of an application like PDF Transformer that converts to editable formats.’
‘PDF Transformer is for business and home users who use PDF files and have the need to convert them into editable formats in Word, Excel or HTML applications,’ said Dean Tang, president and CEO of ABBYY USA. ‘These users may have tried other PDF conversion products without much success because some PDF conversion utilities process only application-generated PDFs, but can’t handle scanned PDFs, whereas PDF Transformer will help them with any PDF file, regardless of how it was created.’
Highlighted Features and Benefits of ABBYY PDF Transformer
- PDF File Compatibility — PDF Transformer is compatible with any type of PDF file, (including image-only PDF, text and image PDF, and text under image, or searchable PDF) covering PDFs from any source, including scanned PDFs and PDFs generated from computer applications.
- Diverse Output Formats — Transforms PDF files to Word, Excel, HTML and ASCII text. It also opens PDF files directly in Word and Excel for immediate editing.
- Document Integrity and Accuracy — Based on ABBYY’s award-winning OCR and document layout analysis technologies, ABBYY PDF Transformer transforms PDF files into editable documents and retains layout and formatting. All formatting elements including tables, columns, bulleted and numbered lists, text fonts and sizes, and graphics are duplicated and can be easily edited.
- Security — With the Adobe(R) PDF Library technology included, ABBYY PDF Transformer is compliant with the authentic PDF security settings from Adobe. When opening a password-protected file, the program prompts the user to enter a password.
- Efficiency and Selectivity — PDF Transformer lets users process an entire PDF file or selected pages that contain the information they need to repurpose.
- Easy to Use — ABBYY PDF Transformer can be run as a plug-in and has a wizard-style interface that guides users through the simple steps of PDF transformation. As a plug-in, users can access the utility and process PDF files from their favorite Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer. With a click of a button users can send PDF files directly to Word, Excel or save as .doc, .xls, .html and .txt files.
Pricing and Availability
ABBYY PDF Transformer is available now with a suggested retail price of $49.99. The company also has a trial version at the company’s web site.