ABBYY PDF Transformer applies the company’s award-winning OCR and document analysis technologies with Adobe(R) PDF Library technology to processes any PDF file, regardless of origin, including PDFs developed from input devices such as multifunction peripherals, digital copiers and scanners, or those produced from applications like Microsoft Word and Excel.
PDF Transformer also converts to more file formats than any other PDF conversion utility with output to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, HTML, and ASCII text. With each PDF conversion, the resulting file accurately retains the layout and formatting of the original PDF.
‘PDF Transformer is unlike other PDF conversion utilities that provide partial solutions and process only application-generated PDFs, but can’t handle scanned PDFs,’ said Dean Tang, president and CEO of ABBYY USA. ‘Users who need to edit a PDF file shouldn’t have to be concerned with how their file was created, or if it contains a text layer. They just want to get to the content and start working, and ABBYY PDF Transformer gives them the power to do so.’
Highlighted Features and Benefits of ABBYY PDF Transformer
- PDF File Compatibility: PDF Transformer is compatible with any PDF file, (including image-only PDF, text and image PDF, and text under image, or searchable PDF) covering PDFs from any source, including scanned PDFs and PDFs generated from computer applications.
- Versatile Output Formats: Transforms PDF files to Word, Excel, HTML and ASCII text. It also opens PDF files directly in Word and Excel for immediate editing.
- Document Integrity and Accuracy: Based on ABBYY’s award-winning OCR and document layout analysis technologies, ABBYY PDF Transformer transforms PDF files into editable documents and retains layout and formatting. All formatting elements including tables, columns, bulleted and numbered lists, text fonts and sizes, and graphics are duplicated and can be easily edited.
- Security: With the Adobe(R) PDF Library technology included, ABBYY PDF Transformer is compliant with the PDF security settings from Adobe. It handles all levels of embedded security settings within a PDF file and prompts permitted users to enter passwords prior to processing.
- Efficiency and Selectivity: PDF Transformer lets users process an entire PDF file or selected pages that contain the information they need to repurpose.
- Easy to Use: ABBYY PDF Transformer can be run as a plug-in and has a wizard-style interface that guides users through the simple steps of PDF transformation. As a plug-in, users can access the utility and process PDF files from their favorite Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer. With a click of a button users can send PDF files directly to Word, Excel or save as .doc, .xls, .html and .txt files.